As per UIDAI Rules, it takes upto 90 days to receive your Aadhar Card after enrolling at any official centre. Click on the button below to Track your Aadhar Card Status.
- Go to resident.uidai.net.in
- Enter the Enrolment ID including the Date and Time of enrolment in the respective fields. Also enter the security code displayed in the image and click on the ‘Check Status‘ button to view status.
- You can find your enrolment ID in the acknowledge slip provided during enrolment.
You can also check the status of your application through SMS. Just send an SMS in the below format (Without the brackets).
UID STATUS <14 Digit EID>and send it to 51969
How to Apply for Aadhar Card?
- Registration for Aadhar is free and optional.
- You can apply for it anywhere in India where authorized centres are located.
- Make sure you have the required documents and check the enrollment centres available near your locality here. Select your State, District and City to view the available centres. If you only want to view the centres equipped with web enrolment facility, tick the check box and click Search.
- If the Aadhar Card centre near your locality doesn’t have web enrolment facility, you need not book an appointment online. Just visit the centre with your documents (Identity and Address proofs).
- However, if it has web enrolment facility, go to appointments.uidai.gov.in and fill the details for booking an appointment. Visit the centre on that appointment date with documents.
- At the centre, an application form will be provided to you. You need to fill this application form and submit to the officials at the centre.
- Later, finger print and iris scans of the applicant will be taken.
- That’s it, you will receive an acknowledgement slip containing the Aadhar enrollment number. Keep it secure.
- It may take upto 90 days for Aadhar Card processing. A hard copy of it will be mailed to your address. You can also download the soft copy at eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/eaadhaar/.
A proof of identity and an Address proof are required for the enrolment procedure. It accepts several types of proof documents (You can check the list on the the official UIDAI website). PAN Card and ID issued by Government are also accepted as identity proofs. While, Utility bills (Electricity, Telephone) from the last 3 months are accepted as address proof documents.