Olx.in is the largest online classifieds website which precedes Quikr.com in terms of popularity. It is basically a free marketplace for buying and selling used items and services like Mobile phones, cars, laptops, furniture, land, books, e.t.c. Have something lying around unused? Just place a free ad on the website and sell it.
It was originally founded by Alec Oxenford and Fabrice Grinda. But, it soon expanded to around 106 countries including India and is now owned by Digital Media and Naspers. Now you can buy and sell anything from a watch to an apartment online without spending a single penny.
How to Post a Free Ad
Posting a free ad on OLX is as simple as 1,2,3. Just follow the instructions below to get started.
- Go to www.Olx.in and click on the ‘Submit an Ad’ button located on the homepage.
- First upload photos and images of your listing. (Images attract more buyers).
- Next, select the appropriate category of the item you are buying or selling.
- Specify a title for your ad and enter a clear description of your listing.
- In the ‘Seller information’ section, enter your name, e-mail address and number.
- After filling all the details, click on the Post button.
- Your ad will be manually approved and confirmed in 3 to 6 hours.
- You will receive an e-mail after your listing is approved by a moderator.
- You can also edit the listing / advertisements even after publishing.
About OLX India
OLX became a household term in India owing to it’s huge popularity among the technology acquainted population. It includes several categories and sub-categories like Mobiles / Tablets, Electronics, Vehicles, Computers, Services, Jobs, Furniture, Pets, Books, Real Estate (Rent / Buy / Lease), Baby Products, Clothes, e.t.c.
It offers a great deal of benefits to the buyers as well as sellers. As a buyer, You can find thousands of used products at different prices. So you can choose the best listing based on price and condition of the product. As a seller, you can gain a lot of exposure to your free ad and find hundreds of buyers. Since it is a free service, it also helps you save broker fee or the finder’s fee.
Infact, to increase it’s popularity and gain exposure, Olx.in launched several TV advertising campaigns. Some of the commercial are a huge hit like the one below.
Note: We are not associated or endorsed with OLX in any way.