Quikr.com is invariably, one of the most popular websites in India. It is a platform for free classified ads similar to OLX.in, it’s biggest rival. Registered users can post free advertisements to sell or advertise their goods, used items or services.
Quikr features 12 major categories which include a total of 120 sub-categories.
- Community and Events
- Real Estate
- Vehicles (Cars and Bikes)
- Matrimonial Services
- Mobile Phones
How to Post a free Ad
If you want to sell something, Quikr is definitely your best bet. After all, it is free and you will be losing nothing. Just follow the instructions below to post a free Ad.
1. Go to www.Quikr.com and click on ‘Post Free Ad‘ button on the homepage.
2. Choose a category and sub-category for your classified listing.
3. In this page, you need to fill all the details of the item you are selling. You can also post an ad if you are looking for something. So you need to select the relevant option. If you are selling, choose ‘I want to Sell’ or choose ‘I want to buy’. Next, enter a description for your ad and include photos and images if applicable. Enter the price you are expecting.
4. In the ‘Seller information’ section, fill your contact details like Name, Mobile Number, e-mail id, e.t.c. After filling all the mandatory fields, click on the Post button.
5. Make sure you enter a comprehensive description and a catchy headline for a better response. Include photos and images for appearance specific items like vehicles and mobiles.
Benefits of using Quikr
Being one of the most popular classified websites in India, it offers a lot benefits to buyers as well as sellers. In my person opinion, it made selling used items a lot simpler for a layman. All you need to do is snap a picture of the item, write a description and post a free ad. You will have phone calls pouring in, the next minute.
Quikr has great presence all over India especially in cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Jaipur, e.t.c. So you can reach hundreds of potential buyers and sellers without spending a penny.
This free service isn’t completely flawless. There are a lot of fake and spam advertisements lurking the marketplace, making it difficult for buyers to choose the right listing. It doesn’t provide any middleman service, so there is a chance of getting scammed. On a footnote, it definitely makes your life simpler but you need to be a little careful.