Indian Railways is one of the most versatile public transportation networks in the world. It is responsible for transporting millions of passengers and goods every day. On the other hand, IRCTC is the official portal of Indian Railways to book train tickets online.
You need to register at IRCTC before making advance booking.
- First, go to the official portal by clicking on the button above.
- Go to the ‘Sign Up’ page by clicking on the link in the login form.
- Enter all your personal details like as First Name, Last Name, e-Mail ID, Mobile number, Gender, Occupation, Address, Aadhar Card number, e.t.c.
- After enter all the required details, click on the Submit button.
- Now, you need to verify both your mobile number and e-mail address.
- After verification, you can proceed to the IRCTC login page.
IRCTC offers two different services namely:
Online Booking is the primary feature of this portal. Any user can check the availability of a particular train on a particular date and book it online. Instead of visiting the railway station and standing in queues, Irctc.co.in simplified the process by offering online ticketing services.
Since bookings are opened 2-3 months before the journey date, it would be almost impossible to book tickets at the last minute. However, one can book last-minute tickets in Tatkal Quota by paying an extra fee.
Apart from general ticket booking, it also offers different tourist services. It is a rather new initiative by Indian Railways to promote the tourism potential of our country. One can prebook travel packages like hill stations, spiritual places, temple tours, e.t.c. These packages may include monument entry fee, accommodation, transportation and food.
IRCTC Tourism has a fleet of special tourist trains like Palace on Wheels, Steam Express, e.t.c.